Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Mobile App Experience (APPX) engineer, you will push the boundaries of client-side development, leading projects that expand the capabilities of both our customers and our engineers. APPX owns the front-end platform and we're looking for engineers that are passionate about learning, experimenting with, and scaling our systems.
Over the next few quarters, you will design an API gateway, build an over-the-air app update infrastructure, or allow simple theming and re-skinning of our apps through a reusable component architecture. We have countless daunting technical challenges ahead of us, and we believe that a learning mindset is the most important tool when trying to achieve lofty goals.
What you'll Do:
- Lead ideation, technical design of areas of our platform with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Expand our React Native + TypeScript codebase with new tools and abstractions to support test automation, service-driven UI, request caching.
- Build tools to easily deploy and maintain a multi-platform front-end codebase.
- Cultivate an easier and higher-quality mobile development experience for other teams at Remitly.
- Mentor junior engineers and always question the status quo.
- Report to the App Experience engineering manager.
- Degree in computer science and 5+ years of software development experience or equivalent.
- Experience building web or native Android or iOS apps.
- A grasp of data structures.
- Experience working with product managers to solve customer problems.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision benefits and a 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
- Distributed work (in-person work options, but also full-remote friendly)
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer