Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Our Risk and Compliance teams are a cornerstone of our business and we are seeking an experienced Compliance Investigator to ensure we follow internal policies, local jurisdiction financial service laws and other applicable regulatory requirements.
As an online money transmitter, Remitly is growing while maintaining high customer service, performance and compliance standards. Remitly is a licensed financial services company in the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and Ireland. Each of these jurisdictions requires, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing program. The Compliance Investigator will help detect suspicious transactions.
The ideal applicant for this role will have previous work experience within the online payments/ financial services industry and will be comfortable in an exciting and fast-paced start-up environment. A Customer-centric and open-minded approach to solving business problems will be a key attribute, in addition to thought leadership as well as a drive to help develop new ways of mitigating risk and optimising our current processes. This exciting role is based in our new office in Cork, Ireland.
What you’ll Do
Reporting to the Compliance Team Manager you will investigate suspicious activity and escalate any unusual account and transaction activity and work upstream with internal tools teams to systematically eliminate unwanted activity from the Remitly platform.
- Identify customer-related trends, patterns and issues associated with money laundering, terrorist financing and other suspicious transaction activity. Escalate unusual account and transaction activity.
- Evaluate internal reports and related filters to confirm Remitly is monitoring its customer base for compliance with the terms of its user agreement and regulatory requirements.
- Create finding summaries to be reviewed with the global compliance team and with the Chief Compliance Officer for potential Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) filing.
- Provides support for customer escalations related to Compliance.
- Ensure the company’s Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
- Assist the Head of Compliance and Compliance Team Manager with projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience required for this opportunity:
- Experience with AML, CTF, and KYC or other government policies
- Knowledge of applicable compliance issues and requirements
- Non-obvious patterns and create solutions for issues directly affecting the customer experience.
- Some experience with detection and investigation
- Learn and share knowledge in a global team environment
- Direct experience in either e-commerce, banking or payments processor industries
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organisation and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honourably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer