At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Customer Protection Associate, reporting to the Customer Success Team Manager, will oversee daily fraud screening and compliance workflows to ensure delivery of customer transactions. You will investigate suspicious activity, escalating cases where regulatory reports may be required, and working upstream with internal tools teams to systematically eliminate unwanted activity from the Remitly platform. You will be an essential member of our operations team in Cork, Ireland ensuring a strong process for risk management and governance on fraud prevention and control.
Your responsibilities in this role:
- Monitor real-time queues and identify high risk transactions within the business portfolio such as fraud, theft and similar other risks
- Determine best practices to support with the identification of transaction patterns and trends
- Contacts customers and banking institutions to verify transactions and payment information
- Help resolve customer transaction queries across multiple channels in a professional, timely and appropriate manner
- As part of the wider teams responsibilities, you will support project and other ad-hoc work, which can be up to 20% of your overall responsibilities
Skills, experience and knowledge that we require for this role:
- At least 1 year/12-months experience delivering and operating in e-commerce, fraud prevention, quality control or related field
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, recognising fraud patterns
- Excellent English communication skill both in speaking and writing.
- Fluency in German
- Experience working in fast paced dynamic environments
- Flexibility with working from the office or from home
- Health insurance
- Learn and development benefits
- 3000+ free online courses available
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organisation and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honourably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer