Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
On the North America Product team, we're building and improving Remitly's core customer experiences. We do this collaboratively with an amazing team of product managers, designers, analysts, and engineers working together through the entire feature development lifecycle - from ideation, design, and development to release, analysis, and iteration. We experiment and learn, staying connected to how our customers use our product, striving to solve customer problems better and better every day.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the team, you'll report to the Director of Engineering. You'll work up and down the stack solving our largest challenges. You'll shape and promote our long-term technical vision, both within the team and across Remitly overall. As a senior member of our engineering staff, you'll exemplify a growth and improvement mindset, flexibly taking on new challenges as they arise and helping others do the same. Most of all, you'll care deeply about our customers and use engineering as an avenue to reliably produce customer value.
- Lead complex projects involving multiple teams and systems.
- Directly contribute code underlying major aspects of our customer experiences.
- Design resilient solutions with appropriate guardrails for junior engineers.
- Anticipate technical challenges and promote architectural improvements to address them.
- Partner with engineering management to shape a long-term technical vision and roadmap.
- Mentor other engineers, helping them grow and advance their careers.
- A BS in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience creating technical designs and driving processes across a team.
- Experience shipping features and products to customers.
- Expertise in one or more general purpose languages like Java or Go.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer