Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Destination Experience (DEX) team manages the core of Remitly's product; a platform for transferring funds quickly and reliably, ensuring our customers always have a great experience, from send to receive. We ensure the movement of over 12 billion dollars a year through disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pick up, mobile wallets, and home delivery.
About the Role:
As an Engineering Manager at Remitly, reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for taking on complex technical and customer problems and creating great products backed by great systems. We use modern languages, tools, and frameworks to build services on top of a scalable cloud architecture. Our startup work environment is mission-driven, and growing quickly.
You will report to the Director of Engineering, and as a successful Engineering Manager you will use your experience and vision to hire and develop a diverse engineering team, coaching the team to grow in their careers and have an impact for our customers. As an empathetic partner, you will mentor engineers and other Sr. technologists to model Remitly's cultural values and to translate these values into their daily work. You will oversee all aspects of software development working to establish the best technical roadmap to simultaneously accomplish our goals, improve existing systems, and reduce technical debt. You will demonstrate a high level of partnership with Product Management, Engineering Management, and other company team members, defining strategy by representing technical options and tradeoffs from a customer-centric viewpoint.
- Build APIs, services, mobile, and web applications for our next-generation customer experience.
- Integrate a scalable platform for connecting to diverse bank APIs around the globe to collect and manage funds
- Create customer experiences offering our service in new countries, adding new disbursement methods, enhancing the stability of our existing methods, reducing fraud risk reduction or improving operational supportability
- Build resilient systems to detect and respond to external system outages
- Partner with the Business and Product teams to develop an outstanding disbursement service
- You have a BS (accepted) or MS (Preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- You have 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- You have at least 1-2 year of small team management experience
- You have been an active and productive member of interview teams
- You are experienced in defining and technical designs and processes across a team.
- with an understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Experience building diverse, empowered teams,
- Experience with distributed systems and micro-service architecture in production.
- Rice Allowance - 1,500 pesos/month
- Transportation Allowance -1,000 pesos/month
- Leaves and Cash Conversion - 20 leaves / year
- all accrued but unused leaves reckoned at the end of each year will be converted to cash up to a maximum of 5 days
- Accident and Life Insurance
- HMO - You will be enrolled in company-provided HMO within the first month of employment. Rules for availing HMO benefits shall follow company policies and procedures.
- Have an opportunity to own stock options
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer