Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,600 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Pricing team at Remitly builds systems that are core to the business - including a tier 1 service that is an essential part of every remittance transaction and data ingestion/analytics platforms that determine how best to price Remitly's products. To fuel Remitly's incredible growth, we need to grow our systems orders of magnitude while keeping their availability and performance high. We are looking for a customer-centric Staff Software Engineer with deep experience building large-scale, distributed systems. You will report to the Pricing Engineering Manager.
- Partner with the engineering manager to establish the technical vision for pricing systems at Remitly
- Understand the customer scenarios, work closely with PM to build thoughtful systems that work for our customers
- Establish rigor within the team by writing quality code, doing detailed code reviews, sweating the details during root cause analyses and building simple solutions to complex problems
- Mentor junior developers on the team and play an important role in hiring
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience building backend, distributed systems
- Experience operating in environments where high availability and low latency are important
- Experience with data processing/analytics pipelines
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer