Who we are
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The purpose of the role
Our Compliance teams are a cornerstone of our business and we are looking for an experienced Program Specialist to ensure we follow internal policies, local jurisdiction financial service laws, and other applicable regulatory requirements. You will also oversee quality assurance and change projects to support the compliance analysts in their roles with a data-driven approach to outcomes and solutions.
The scope of your responsibilities
- Customer focus - anticipates customer needs and provides services that are beyond customers expectations, uses customer insights to promote and guide the development of solutions, and serves as a strategic partner to build profitable and long-lasting relationships
- Improve work processes - identifies and create the processes necessary to work and look for ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete Reengineering.
- Challenges and identifies new opportunities.
- Collaborate - works cooperatively with others across the organisation to achieve shared goals, partners with others to work.
- Attentively listen to others and adjust to fit the audience and the message. Provide and helpful information to others across the organisation and encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
What you'll bring to the role
- Experience with AML, CTF, KYC
- Substantive knowledge of applicable compliance issues and requirements
- Experience with payments products, services, and operations
- Support with the detection of non-obvious patterns and design solutions for complex issues directly affecting the customer experience
- Share knowledge in a global team environment
- Program Management experience
- 1+ years of experience either overseeing or directly contributing to operational compliance programs
- Health insurance
- Learn and development benefits
- 3000+ free online courses available
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organisation and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honourably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer