Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are looking for engineers to build the data platform that informs decision-making across the company. If you are excited about building scalable systems and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you. This is a remote-friendly role on the data engineering team and you will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Develop and automate large-scale, high-performance data processing systems (batch and streaming) to increase growth and improve the customer experience
- Build scalable Spark pipelines leveraging Airflow scheduler on kubernetes
- Create platform that enables internal users to build and operate their own data pipelines
- Drive data best-practices across the company
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building data pipelines in a distributed environment (ie Spark, Hadoop, EMR, etc)
- Proficient in SQL and one of Scala, Python or Java
- An inquisitive nature and enjoy diving in to understand data
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer