Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Senior Engineer at Remitly, you will report to the Engineering Manager of Security. You will focus on digging deep into other teams codebases and helping these teams upgrade their security posture. You will help increase product security through code implementation. Most of all, you should care about our customers and view security as an avenue to reliably provide customer peace of mind. This role can either be performed in-person in Seattle or remote in the United States.
- Embed with product teams to implement changes to focused on increasing the products overall security
- Work in different product's code bases and language fluent (e.g. Go, React)
- Help guide security policy and culture throughout the company
- A BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience as a software developer or site reliability engineering
- Expertise in two or more general purpose programming languages like Go, React, Java, Kotlin, and PHP
- Experience mentoring for other engineers and providing constructively direct feedback across organizations
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer