Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
North America Product team owns multi-platform customer-facing products for Remitly's North America business. We aim to constantly improve our customer experience and aspire to provide the best remittance service on the market. Our engineering team learns in a collaborative engineering culture, and we work closely among Product Managers, Designers and Data Analysts.
- Lead each step in idea-to-launch of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, using data/telemetry to make decisions.
- Build and invest in Remitly's product for North America (NA) by delivering full-stack product features and driving engineering excellence.
- Mentor team members and help them grow their skills.
- Work with partner teams to build experiences that support our customers around the globe.
- Report to the NA Engineering Manager.
- Degree in computer science and 5+ years of software development experience or equivalent.
- Experience building web or native Android or iOS apps.
- A grasp of data structures.
- Experience working with product managers to solve customer problems.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision benefits and a 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
- Distributed work (in-person work options, but also full-remote friendly)
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer