Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The DEX team manages the core of Remitly's product; a platform for transferring funds quickly and reliably, ensuring our customers always have a great experience, from send to receive. We ensure the movement of over 12 billion dollars a year through disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pickup, mobile wallets, and home delivery.
You will report to the Director of Engineering and work on a distributed team responsible for the core of Remitly's product; As a Staff Software Engineer with Dex, you are a builder, responsible for taking technical and customer problems and creating great products. We aim for quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen. We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure.
- Design large scale systems, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Identify and drive optimizations to the infrastructure and systems.
- Lead and mentor other engineers
- Write technical specification and participate in design reviews
- Grow technical vision for the team and support that roadmap
- Interview and ramp new hires
- Answer inquiries from other engineerings and product owners
- Lead organization-wide collaboration for the team
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 7 years of building consumer software products
- Proficient in shipping code in a scalable, reliable fashion
- Proficient in Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Orchestration tools.
- Proficient in technical architecture and system design concepts
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer