Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Fraud Prevention Team keeps bad actors out of our system, while still providing exceptional customer experiences for our customers. We do this through a combination of machine learning, product features, and sound decisions grounded in data. We are a vertically-integrated team made up of program managers, engineers, product managers, analysts, and data scientists.
You'll lead the strategy and technical vision for systems related to fraud detection. You'll work with Machine Learning, Analysts, and Engineers to develop a roadmap that allows us to more effectively identify bad actors, and how to ensure we mitigate risks with as little friction as possible for good customers.
- Build the strategy for the systems that make risk evaluations and decisions throughout Remitly's product, inclusive of what ML models are built, where we make risk evaluations, and what data is accessible for various evaluations.
- Develop a roadmap for improving the effectiveness of our analysts in rolling out fixes to emergent attacks
- Improve our alarming to better detect early attacks and anomalies within our system
- Manage all 3rd party data ingested for the fraud process inclusive of vendor relationships, pricing, data quality, and efficacy
- Present project ideas and results to our executive leadership team
- Report to the Director of the Fraud Program
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in product management
- 5 years experience building data systems using Machine Learning data models and related technologies
- You're motivated by creating a meaningful impact for our customers and business. You're excited to take on a variety of tasks to help your product and team be successful.
- Experience working with engineers to make tough technical tradeoffs. You sweat the details to understand the impacts of these tradeoffs and find a careful balance between short-term outcomes and long-term effects.
- You have experience leading teams using the agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer