Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
You will be part of Remitly's Security Team and will report to the Director of Product Security. As the first security engineer dedicated to Passbook by Remitly, you will guide the security direction and establish the foundation of a security engineering program. Most of all, you should care about our customers and view security as an avenue to reliably provide customer peace of mind. This is a remote position based in United States.
- Conduct security assessments, threat modeling, and evaluate pull requests for the Passbook product line
- Embed with product teams to implement changes to focused on increasing the products overall security
- Work in different product's code bases and language fluent (e.g. Go, React)
- Develop and operate broadly impactful security systems as part of Agile DevOps team
- Help guide security policy and culture throughout the company
- A BS (MS preferred) in Cyber Security, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience as a security or software engineer
- 2+ years of experience focused in application or product security
- Strong experience leading security reviews and conducting threat modeling exercises against product line
- Experience leading cross-functional technical initiatives with partner groups (Engineering, Product)
- Experience producing technical / architectural documentation and best practice guidance
- Experience developing in one or more programming languages
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer