Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We are looking for exceptional people who are willing to roll up their sleeves in a fast-paced technology start-up and be part of the disruption. The successful candidate must excel as a self-starter and strive for reporting excellence and comprehensive analysis within our Customer Success Teams.
The successful candidate will focus on generating metrics, identifying the root causes of issues, highlighting opportunities for broad spanning improvements and making recommendations to assist the company in developing meaningful business solutions and operational improvements. This position is based in Mandaluyong City, Philippines.
- Leads the ideation, creation, and launch of KPIs used to drive operational excellence
- Defines, retrieves, and analyzes large datasets using SQL, MS Excel, and other technologies to drive and define operational solutions and approaches
- Translates complex data into information that can be easily understood by the stakeholders to support business decisions
- Serves as the primary owner of operational data, ensuring its validity, integrity and accuracy
- Supports different line of business such as Customer Service, Customer Protection (Risk and Fraud) and Workforce
- Supports cross-functional teams with ad hoc day-to-day queries, specific data requests and general data analysis such as Customer Service, Customer Protection (Risk and Fraud) and Workforce
- Lead and support data validations and deep dives
- Supports project efforts with data requirements to help ensure successful product launches
- Works and communicates effectively with Remitly's internal teams such as Marketing, Compliance, Fraud Product, Finance, Data Analytics, Engineering and Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business, or analytical field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field)
- At least 3 year(s) of work experience in a Data Analytics related role.
- Proven data mining and analytical skills using various tools such as SQL (Postgres, MySQL), Amazon Redshift; windowing functions
- Advanced experience in Excel (Macros and VBA scripting)
- Data visualization using tools such as Tableau, PowerBI and Metabase;
- Experience in extracting, transforming and loading data from source systems to data analytics platform(s) and reports
- Experience in analyzing different types of data to support business needs and present the results in concise visualization formats
- Detail oriented, independent and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Has an inquisitive mind and proactivity to challenge the norms constructively
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders
- Adaptable to various stakeholders, business models, and projects
- Amenable to work in Mandaluyong City
- Advanced degree (technical or MBA) or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading or supporting structured process improvement efforts
- Experience working in a Customer Service Operations and/or BPO
- Knowledge of the financial services or payments industry
- Experience with workforce and capacity analysis and planning
- Exceptional organizational skills
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer