Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking services. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Passbook team is leading the effort to expand Remitly's financial services suite. Passbook gives immigrants peace of mind by offering access to the essential banking services they need. They can open a mobile spending account within minutes and use their funds at home or abroad, all without the hassle of minimum balances or monthly fees. We operate like a startup within Remitly, combining the best parts of working in an early-stage venture with the resources of a later-stage technology company. Time Magazine named Passbook one of the "Best Inventions of 2020."
About the Role:
The Passbook Compliance Officer will continue to scale the AML/BSA Compliance program and ensure that regulatory and partner bank requirements are met as the business continues to grow and launch new product features. You will bring a command of banking and lending compliance, establish data-driven policies that balance superb customer experience with acceptable risk exposure, and implement efficient and scalable processes.
You will educate the team on the regulatory requirements for new businesses/products, design risk products and processes to meet the new product requirements, and conduct periodic screening of partners. For new products and features, you will advise the team about how to quickly meet new requirements in the short-term, while ensuring scalable solutions for the long-term.You will partner internally with Passbook business, product, and operations teams, Legal, and Global Compliance.You will also have external engagements with our partner banks and payment processors.
Reporting to the Senior Compliance Officer for New Initiatives, you'll work directly with Passbook leadership and across teams to influence the decisions we make.
- Manage the Passbook Compliance Program; inclusive of AML/BSA, bank partner requirements, Reg CC, Reg E, UDAAP, etc.
- Oversee annual, monthly, and ad-hoc Compliance Processes, including law enforcement requests
- Develop right-sized controls to balance risk and customer experience
- Work collaboratively across teams to provide a Compliance perspective to develop products, features, systems, tools, and Operational support.
- 5+ years of experience in Compliance Programs for financial products at a FinTech or similar high-growth financial services business.
- Experience creating functional and organizational processes to meet Compliance / Regulatory requirements that scale with growth
- A hunger to build a better customer experience and unlock value
- A data-driven, collaborative approach to implement solutions
- Certified with ACAMs, CFE, or equivalent qualifications.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer