Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly Legal is looking for it's first Information Security Counsel! You will be a key stakeholder in Remitly's mission to build the most trusted financial service products, responsible for providing legal counsel directly to Remitly's Chief Information Security Officer and the broader Remitly InfoSec team. Your role will involve a high degree of collaboration with other members of the Legal team and across the entire company.
- Provide programmatic support for Remitly's global legal and security compliance, audit, and certification program.
- Partner directly with the Remitly CISO and Information Security team.
- Build information security programs and policies for a rapidly scaling global business, partnering with teams around the world.
- Juris Doctor (JD) and admitted to at least 1 state bar (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of legal experience with technology-related legal, compliance or regulatory matters
- Mix of law firm and in-house experience at a technology company
- Experience anticipating developing issues, thinking ahead, and influencing senior executives
- Interest in technology, payments or information security areas.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer