Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Engineering Manager for Security Engineering will report to the Director of Product Security, as a part of the Technology (CTO)Organization. You will design, build and operate a great security product backed by high-quality software systems. You will mentor a team of developers and technologist to model Remitly's cultural values and translate them into their daily work. You will oversee software development, improve existing systems, and partner with developers across the company to identify requirements and establish a roadmap from a a long term customer centric approach.
Remitly uses modern languages like Go, in an API-driven microservices environment built on top of a modern cloud architecture leveraging Istio, Kuberenetes, and AWS. Our startup work environment is mission-driven, and growing quickly.
- Build and operate core security services that enable Remitly developers to launch customer-facing features at high velocity and with high security.
- Manage a team of security software engineers with a focus on career development.
- Partner with the Developer Platform team and Principal Engineers across the company to develop our Security Engineering roadmap
- 4+ years engineering leadership experience managing a team of software development engineers
- 9+ years industry experience
- You have sourced, interviewed, and hired diverse software developers
- You have managed software development using Agile or other modern practices.
- You have coached developers on distributed system design, microservices, API-driven software design patterns, and computer algorithms.
- You are an expert in one or more general purpose languages like Go or Java.
- No direct security experience is required, but you should have an interest in security for distributed systems.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer