Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Services Platform team builds and operates essential Tier-1 platforms that other teams at Remitly use to satisfy key outcomes and customer experiences. One of the platforms this team developed is a notifications platform, a system of over 5 microservices, through which millions of messages are sent daily to Remitly's customers. We are now hiring to build new systems (eg. identity and auth) similarly to allow Remitly to grow its business. You'll work directly with partner teams and product management to build new products and business use cases. You'll also drive system improvements to increase availability and scalability for years to come. You'll report to the Services Platform engineering manager. We are open to Seattle area candidates as well as US Remote for this role.
What You'll Do:
- You'll own and shape areas of our technology stack to bring business-critical features to our customers
- You'll design, build and maintain new scalable, distributed services in Java or Go using technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Databases, Queues, Streams and more.
- You'll set the standard for engineering excellence with design, quality and long-term code maintainability within the team.
- You'll break down large projects into milestones and stories that can be accomplished by more junior engineers.
- You'll solve internal tooling and process problems, improving developer productivity and product quality.
- You'll mentor more junior engineers, helping them grow in their careers.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience building scalable services and distributed systems.
- Experience driving technical designs within a team.
- Expertise in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java or Go.
- Experience or open to front-end work in any language/framework (eg. typescript, react, angular).
- Experienced mentor for other engineers.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefit
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer