Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly. We are building a new mobile-first digital bank for immigrants and their families, which was named one of Time's 100 best inventions of 2020. Our team is intensely customer-focused and draws talent from top local startups and other high-growth names like Facebook, Uber and Redfin. It's all the best parts of an early stage company accelerated by the assets and competitive advantage of Remitly.
About the Role:
As senior engineer reporting to the engineering manager for Lending, you will work in modern Java and Go codebases with Temporal, taking on some of our most challenging technical problems while building the first generation of our novel lending platform and APIs. Joining at such an early stage, you will have a large impact on the cultural and technical foundation of Lending at Passbook.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical leadership: Participate in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint. Lead the solving of some of our biggest technical challenges while including appropriate guardrails for junior engineers.
- Build novel product: Drive and participate in the creation and implementation of solutions to problems facing the engineering team. You will deploy your expertise in technical writing, distributed systems architecture, coding, operational excellence and software development processes to achieve amazing things for the team.
- Be a Cultural Leader: Be a role model in upholding Remitly's cultural values and use them as a framework to coach other engineers across the org to achieve their full potential.
- Be an Empathetic Partner: Partner with Product Management, Design and other functions to build high-quality features for our users.
Who you are:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of building customer-focused software products, with a focus on the backend and APIs
- 2+ years leading large features with multiple engineers, across functions with PM, PMM, Design
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining reliable and scalable backend services on a public cloud platform (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer