Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, EU, United Kingdom, Singapore and Australia. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Risk and Compliance Program.
About the Role
The Reconciliation Product team is looking for a Software Development Engineer II to build critical financial products that ensures the accuracy and completeness of Remitly’s financial data and are keystone to the health, timeliness, and accuracy of our financial statements. You will build software to automate daily reconciliation processes reconciling millions of transactional events against partner bank statements with a focus on reducing time and effort spent on recurring manual accounting tasks. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Build scalable system reconciling millions of customer transactions and trade data against partner bank statements
- Build complex data pipelines
- Deliver high-quality features including development, launch, and long-term support
- Partner with product managers and engineers across teams to help achieve product and business goals
- Work side-by-side with the Reconciliation team on monthly and yearly deliverables for Month End Close
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose languages like Go, Java, Kotlin, C#
- Proficiency in an RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
- Comfortable building, shipping, and maintaining services and systems with Kubernetes, AWS
- Knowledge of basic architecture, systems design, and agile practices
- Office in a Kraków city centre
- Health/Dental Coverage - LUX MED VIP
- Life Insurance
- Multisport or EdenRed
- Education / Conferences Budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Standing desks
- Unlimited paid time off