Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. We've helped our customers send nearly $12 billion globally and we're just getting started.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and organized Facilities Coordinator to join our Global Facilities Team in support of our amazing and fast growing Manila operations.
Remitly - Facilities Coordinator, your role as the league leader
As the Facilities Coordinator, you are responsible for planning, organizing, delivering and supporting all Administrative, Procurement, Vendor Management, Logistics, Physical Security and Business Continuity services to Remitly, and ensuring the efficient and effective provision of these services, while promoting and representing Remitly’s core cultural values at all times.
You’ll be supporting the Facilities Manager in the day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the property, and to assure maintenance of approved quality standards. You’ll also assist with the preparation of financial reviews and monthly management reports, oversee the safety of our employees by ensuring a safe, working, and well-maintained workplace.
The Facilities Coordinator has accountability for the Remitly premises and site needs in the Philippines, inclusive of the security of its premises, health and safety of its employees, business continuity practices, general maintenance as well as enhancements of all its properties within organizational standards. Having a supervisory role, the Facilities Coordinator must be able to act in the Facilities Managers’ behalf when necessary.
In terms of employee engagement, you will solicit constant feedback on the site and working conditions from all the employees by implementing regular walkthroughs, focus group discussions, and surveys, and provide timely resolution to concerns wherein you will also formulate programs that will increase employee satisfaction.
About the Remitly Global Facilities Team
Always there, always the best! Delivering an exceptional workplace experience for all Remitlians.
We work together to passionately deliver the best possible workplace and related services to all Remitlians so they can focus on what matters most -- serving our customers.
We accomplish this mission by developing and empowering an exceptional team of authentic and empathetic leaders who live Remitly’s cultural values. We partner, act with integrity, continuously improve, leverage data and stretch to exceed expectations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and oversee Procurement, Sourcing and Logistics, maintain all related Service Agreements, and monitor the implementation of SOWs. Liaise with external vendors on all day-to-day needs, feedback and concerns.
- Support Facilities budget planning, expense management, cost reduction, bill vetting, invoice processing and monthly reporting.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with managing and directing, as well as monitoring and driving above-par vendor performance, to comply with Remitly and industry standards. This includes but is not limited to ancillary teams and vendors such as Security, Housekeeping, food concessionaire, building management, etc.
- Ensure top-notch quality of food and services by the pantry concessionaire.
- Manage, assign and resolve incoming and ongoing facilities-related requests, trouble tickets and inquiries via Remitly's ticket tool (e.g JIRA, FreshService). Provide inputs for process, procedure, performance, and cost inputs.
- Support the Facilities Manager and Employees during Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Events.
- Handle internal communications: create, publish or otherwise deliver needed facilities and BCP related communications as appropriate.
- Ensure employee compliance to facilities policies and house rules.
- Ensure site compliance for a safe and healthy workplace both directly and in cooperation with Human Resources and other internal and external resources, meeting all applicable OSH, DOLE, Republic Act 11058, Fire Warden and Disaster Resiliency regulations and requirements.
- Conduct regular inspection of the office space, facilities and equipment, ensuring all are well-maintained and in impeccable condition, and in accordance with established standards and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other related systems. Have the ability to create and implement facilities and maintenance programs that would ensure 100% production support, and be able to coordinate and prepare maintenance programs relating to interior and exterior conditions of the property.
- Perform regular inventory and audit of facilities supplies and assets.
- Assist in employee shuttle management, space planning, seat capacity, expansion, renovation and office layout design.
- Ensure timely renewal of Business Permits including but not limited to Fire, Sanitary, Barangay and other permits as needed.
- Plan, oversee or otherwise support company engagement events and celebrations in partnership with local HR, including holiday and summer parties, breakfasts, socials, quarterly team building and ad hoc celebrations.
- Assist Remitly employees visiting from other sites with planning and securing lodging, transportation and other related logistics for their travel. Works with lodging, transportation and other vendors to ensure appropriate, quality, reliable and cost-effective travel-related services.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different
tasks as necessitated by your role within the organization and the overall business
objectives of the organization.
Who You Are
- Driven and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, energetic, detail oriented and organized.
- Experienced in planning and dealing with complex problems with a positive attitude.
- Skilled at multitasking and prioritizing in a continuously evolving environment.
- A collaborative professional with demonstrated success working with executive and senior leaders, as well as across departments and geographies.
- An excellent communicator, oral and written, in both the local language and English.
- Adept at handling multiple priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Trustworthy in handling confidential information with discretion and sound judgment.
- Experienced with working for companies in the Tech Industry.
- Highly empathetic and workplace-experience focused, skilled in owning a portfolio of employee-related projects.
- A minimum three to four years of facilities and building management experience (including fit out and renovation)
- Demonstrated project management experience, with BCP, OSH, CSP and Pollution Control training certificates, an advantage
- Must be willing to work different shifts as required, which could include weekend, holidays and nights.
- Technically proficient and able to troubleshoot basic IT issues or work with IT (in-house, remote or outsourced) to set up employees on PC and iOS based laptops and desktops.
- Proficient in collaboration and productivity tools, including: Google Suite, Slack, Box, Microsoft Office in both PC and iOS systems, as well as other complementary tools.
- Knowledge on Web and Graphic Design and use of Canva or Photoshop is an advantage.
- Superior Knowledge on
- Fit out and construction
- General Repair and Maintenance, with at least three years of experience
- HVAC System, FDAS, UPS, GENSET equipment, mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry and other civil works
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us!