Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly for Developers is a new initiative. We leverage over a decade of remittance experience to reach into 120+ countries through a simple API to facilitate seamless international money transfers. Our V1 product has some traction with enterprise customers, and now we're looking to scale and grow our successful product to its full potential, and we need you to do it! You will report to the team's Engineering Manager and work with a "small but mighty" team that is looking to double in size over the next 12 months.
Own a huge piece of our software stack! You'll get the chance to:
- Build world-class user experiences to integrate the Remitly payment product into mobile and browser apps using React Native
- Develop distributed API systems to power our robust payment tech stack
- Work with the product and engineering teams of our first 2 big tech customers to hear their feedback and improve the user experience for their end customers
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining software.
- Proficiency with one or more general purpose programming languages like Java or Go.
- Skills in building front-end user experiences for both desktop and mobile devices using React Native or similar frameworks
- Experience working on mobile apps in iOS and Android
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer