Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Join the team at the heart of our remittance product, processing all transactions our customers send to their loved ones. We are on an exciting journey to support scaling Remitly through the next decade of growth by building highly-available backend transaction processing systems that reliably enable a seamless customer experience and rapid innovation at scale.
As a Product Manager II on the Remittance Transaction team, you will own delivering our next-generation systems, reporting to the the Leader of Product for the Platform organization. You will accomplish this by partnering with engineers, product managers and stakeholders across the organization to define, build and deliver new functionality across our systems.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand customer and business needs to inform priorities, sequencing and roadmap.
- Own team OKRs in partnership with our engineering team, and manage cross-teams alignment.
- Define and improve our success metrics for each phase of our systems evolution.
- Be the customer advocate and own product backlog, requirements specifications, and drive projects through completion.
- Understand our remittance transaction flow end-to-end, APIs to our systems and our dependencies, and become the Remittance Transaction subject matter expert at Remitly.
- 2+ years of technical product or program management experience.
- A love for understanding how everything works, diving deep into details from data analysis to technical systems designs.
- Strength in building partnerships with engineers, product managers and managers to get projects to done.
- Experience refactoring monolithic applications.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer