Remitly, the Seattle FinTech company is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families. At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $12 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Customer Protection Associate will oversee daily fraud screening and compliance workflows to ensure timely delivery of customer transactions. This role will be primarily responsible for investigating suspicious activity, escalating cases where regulatory reports may be required, and working upstream with internal tools teams to systematically eliminate unwanted activity from the Remitly platform. You will be a key member of our operations team in Cork, Ireland helping to ensure a strong process for risk management and governance on fraud prevention and control, reporting directly to Customer Success Team Manager.
- Monitors real time queues and identify high risk transactions within the business portfolio, such as fraud, theft and similar other risks.
- Determine best practices to support with the identification of transaction patterns and trends.
- Contacts customers and banking institutions to verify transactions and payment information.
- Support the resolution of customer transaction queries across multiple channels in a professional, timely and appropriate manner.
- Proven ability to work in fast paced dynamic environments.
- Experience in customer support, e-commerce, fraud prevention, quality control or related field.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns
- Excellent English communication skill both in speaking and writing.
Fluency in additional languages is preferred
- Health insurance
- Pension plan
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Learning and development benefits
- 3000+ free online courses available
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer