At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $12 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
We're searching for a Director, Human Resources to join Remitly’s People team, reporting to our VP, Global HR. You will be a strategic business partner to our International Management Team (MTeam) leader and our regional business leaders.
You will support multiple global corporate functions across our European locations and Singapore to have an intimate understanding of the business and define a people strategy that serves to support the delivery of strong business results. You will be a culture and engagement advocate who enables team members to continuously improve the ways in which they serve our customers, while focusing everyday on the working lives of our valued employees.
The role is an integral part of the Global HR leadership team and has primary responsibilities to balance a long-term focus on people strategy with leading a team to execute on new and existing processes that moves us in the desired direction. You will develop and lead people related strategies, programs, and projects in partnership with experts across Remitly - building rhythm of the business outcomes. As the senior HR leader for the International business, this role is accountable for ensuring process improvement and the successful scaled delivery of HR services to our global workforce.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the VP of Global Human Resources to help build people strategies and implement new strategic HR programs across the employee lifecycle
- Lead the International HR team and partner with multiple senior executives and their teams.
- Partner with business leaders on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and talent management to support a high-growth business
- Drive data-based decisions that impact the people experience
- Drive operational excellence - build HR processes and tools that ensure a high-quality employee experience
- Ensure global compliance in all Human Resource areas via process documentation, manuals, training, regular audits and proactive reporting
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential
- Continuously improve employee engagement, experience, performance and retention
- Assess and address development needs of leadership and employees and contribute to manager capability efforts
- Engage with recruiting to support business growth
- Be a key contributor to the ideation, implementation, and measurement of DEI initiatives
- Lead change and innovate on behalf of Remitly team members
Who You Are
- 10+ years experience in Global HR, Organizational and Talent Management, or related experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role, managing a team of HR professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, or related field. PHR, SPHR, or HRCI certification preferred.
- Global experience in leading and supporting cross functional projects, interacting effectively with all levels of the company
- Functional expertise in employee relations and internal communications management
- Ability to identify and diagnose problems, then implement appropriate solutions in a fast paced and innovative environment
- Strong Change Management capabilities - must be able to navigate leaders through a variety of organizational transitions
- The ability to relate to, influence and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to incorporate company perspective with individual business category priorities while advising employees at all levels
- Demonstrated effective presentation and written communication skills - will support broader communications efforts of leadership team
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet.
For over 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,900 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify employer.