Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Machine learning is at the center of fraud prevention at Remitly. You'll develop models used to assess the riskiness of every customer and transaction at Remitly. Your will work closely with engineers on the scoring team to ensure your models meet latency and uptime requirements. You'll work with Data Scientists to understand fraud trends and develop new modeling and feature strategies to stay ahead of fraudsters and organized crime.
- Build models that make automated decisions on billions of dollars worth of international money transfers
- Build machine learning models that detect malicious activity and actors in our system
- Work with the ML infrastructure team to ensure models can meet latency and uptime requirements
- Work with the engineers on the Fraud engineering team to guarantee a robust pipeline of new features to add to implement.
- Mentor other MLEs and Data Scientists to elevate the overall expertise of the team
- Collaborate with leadership to set our ML Program and strategy vision
- Report to the Director of Fraud Prevention
- PHD in a quantitative field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience building production Machine Learning systems (experience with classification problems preferred)
- Knowledge of both the theory and application of ML algorithms
- Experienced Software Engineer, with proficiency in systems design and data processing. Candidates should have hands-on experience with Python and ML libraries (e.g., scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, matplotlib, pandas etc), SQL, and Spark.
- You're motivated by creating a meaningful impact for our customers and business. You're excited to take on a variety of tasks to help your product and team be successful.
- Experience making tough technical tradeoffs. You sweat the details to understand the impacts of these tradeoffs and find a careful balance between short-term outcomes and long-term effects.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer