Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Global Network team manages the core of Remitly's product; a platform for transferring funds quickly and reliably, ensuring our customers always have a great experience, from send to receive. We ensure the movement of over 12 billion dollars a year through disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pickup, mobile wallets, and home delivery.
As an Engineering Manager at Remitly, reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will create great products backed by great systems. you will use your experience and vision to hire and develop a diverse engineering team, coaching the team to grow in their careers and have an impact for our customers. As an empathetic partner, you will mentor engineers and other Sr. technologists to model Remitly's cultural values and to translate these values into their daily work. You will oversee all aspects of software development working to establish the best technical roadmap to simultaneously accomplish our goals, improve existing systems, and reduce technical debt. You will demonstrate a high level of partnership with Product Management, Engineering Management, and other company team members, defining strategy by representing technical options and tradeoffs from a customer-centric viewpoint. You will become an advocate of our culture and champion our startup work environment which is adventurous, mission-driven, and growing quickly.
- Build APIs, services, and web applications for our next-generation customer experience.
- Integrate a scalable platform for connecting to diverse bank APIs around the globe to collect and manage funds
- Create customer experiences offering our service in new countries, adding new disbursement methods, enhancing the stability of our existing methods, reducing fraud risk reduction or improving operational supportability
- Build resilient systems to detect and respond to external system outages
- Partner with the Business and Product teams to develop an outstanding disbursement service
- Manage a team of software engineers with a focus on career development
- Improve the delivery of both strategic roadmaps and tactical sprints.
- BS (accepted) or MS (Preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- An understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Expertise in one or more general purpose languages like Go, Java, C#, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, and hiring diverse software developers
- Experience defining and technical designs and processes across multiple teams.
- Experience building diverse, empowered teams,
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer