Accounting Manager - Reconciliation
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly's Transaction Reconciliation Program is at the heart of our business, and our Reconciliation Operations team was newly created to support the success and evolution of the program. The program ensures the accuracy and completeness of hundreds of millions of events annually. The Accounting Manager - Reconciliation, supported by the Sr Accounting Manager-Operations will lead to enhance the system, processes, and value creation opportunities. As an individual contributing (no direct reports) Accounting Manager on the Transaction Reconciliation team, you will be an essential team member working with our Reconciliation Operations team to investigate uncategorized exceptions, looking for systematic resolution while understanding and summarizing the financial statement impact.
- Report to Sr Accounting Manager-Operations
- Be an expert on the flow of data and events from our upstream systems to our financial systems
- Work with our Reconciliation Operations team to investigate uncategorized exceptions and propose resolution to unmatched transactions
- Maintain a framework to monitor and investigate issues, including documentation, resolution, and auditor communications
- Financial analysis and explanation of trends and variances to expected outcomes
- Support financial reporting, audit deliverables, SOX, and KPIs
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or information technology and 5+ years of experience
- Experience with data quality and integrity principles and practices
- Knowledge and a working understanding of US GAAP
- Experience analyzing and working with large datasets and familiarity with data management tools such as Excel and SQL
- Some startup DNA - you are strategic and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes
- High English fluency
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.