Our global HR team is growing and seeking a Manager, People Operations to lead our newly formed People Operations team. Supporting the articulation, execution, measurement, and continuous improvement of the People Experience and Operations strategy will be this role’s first priority. The Manager, People Operations will oversee and manage the day-to-day administration duties, including HRIS and related systems support, oversee the implementation of Remitly policies and guidelines, oversee benefits administration, oversee the administration of global mobility and immigration, manage administration of the contingent workforce, serve as the key partner for HRBPs in the execution of the people practices, programs and measurement reporting that span across the employee lifecycle - onboarding, performance review, promotions, career development, engagement, recognition, and retention. You will report to the VP HR and partner closely with our global HR teams. This role will not be insular to the People and HR team, instead it will require engagement with employees and business leaders to ensure that our programs strike the right balance between adding maximum value, raising our game in previously underserved areas, with a focus on simplicity.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of people operations and lead the People Operations Partner (POP) team.
- Manage the people operations and administration functions for the employee lifecycle from onboarding to talent and performance management through offboarding.
- Manage the people operations and administration functions for employee relations, organizational, department and employee data changes.
- Support the execution of the People Experience and Operations strategy by participating in the planning, implementing and evaluating the policies, processes and programs that align to business goals and objectives.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of up-to-date policies, employee handbooks, templates and programs to ensure compliance needs are met.
- Oversee the administration of global benefits, leave of absence (LOA).
- Oversee the administration of the global mobility and immigration program.
- Manage the contingent workforce including vendor, contracts, onboarding and off-boarding (contractors, temps, interns).
- Manage the HR FreshService ticketing, resolution and escalation of issues using Tiered framework.
- Oversee HRIS administration of systems and softwares like UltiPro, ChartHop, Culture Amp, Tribute, Convercent, etc.
- Manage status updates, relevant metrics and reporting on all operational activities in partnership with People Data Analytics Leader.
- Have a global mindset to ensure that our programs and processes are inclusive to all employees wherever they reside.
- Partner closely with your HR colleagues (especially our HRBPs in Seattle, EU, UK MNL, MGA, ORK).
- Exhibit outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Be exceptionally data driven.
- Have a keen eye for detail to catch missteps before they happen, look around the corner to predict future trends, and show a healthy backbone while also knowing when it’s time to disagree and commit.
- Challenge the status quo, knowing that what got us here, won’t get us there
Who You Are
- 7+ years experience with HR administration, operations or related areas
- Enjoy challenges and building in a growth environment, acts with urgency
- Wants to begin in a hands-on, tactics driven capacity while working with leadership in thinking about the future and setting the organization up for scale long term
- Strong knowledge and application of HR trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources
- Strong knowledge of employment law in the US and ability to apply theory to practice
- Business and systems oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a data-driven mindset
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Known for your ability to partner at all levels and able to influence change
- Enjoys testing, measuring and iterating to support continuous improvement
Strong alignment to our mission and values