Remitly is an international payments company that leverages digital channels, including mobile phones, to send money internationally. It is a leading digital financial services provider for immigrants, enabling users to make person-to-person money transfers in over 135 countries around the world. Remitly's vision is to transform the lives of millions of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. Remitly's digital products are fundamentally faster, less expensive, and far more convenient for customers to send money across borders.
Join Remitly and its 1,300 employees across 9 worldwide offices, who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role
If you are looking to join a dynamic tax team dealing with various complex indirect tax legislations (VAT, GST etc.), then the Manager, International Indirect Taxes is an exciting role in a very fast rapidly expanding Fintech company. The position will be based in the United Kingdom or Ireland and will be responsible for all aspects of indirect taxes (compliance, planning, transfer pricing etc.) for EMEA and APAC. The position is responsible for making certain correct and timely reports and compliance of the company’s indirect taxes for its European and Asia Pacific entities.
In addition, the position is going to be charged with keeping up with international taxation legislative developments including VAT on remote sellers, and Fintech around ever-changing indirect tax rates, new tax registration necessities, etc. This person will work directly with the Head of Tax and the Business on expansions and new product initiatives, perform VAT analysis, and provide indirect tax guidance that the business will use in the decision process.
Depending on experience and qualifications, this position will be located in London (UK) or in Cork (Ireland).
- Prepare and analyze data to enable external consultants to compile and submit monthly and quarterly VAT and associated filings for a number of EMEA and APAC VAT returns
- Work with AP, AR, Accounting and HQ Tax to ensure tax compliance through the provision of process documents
- Review the returns prepared by the external consultants and approve prior to submission
- Support VAT requirements arising from setting up companies in new markets and regulatory changes. This may include applications for new VAT registrations
- Provide support to the global accounting team responsible for accounting for corporate and intercompany transactions
- Collaborate with business units to proactively identify and research international tax planning opportunities. Assist with evaluating the tax effect and implications of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals
- Reconcile indirect tax accounts on a monthly basis
- Follow up with tax law changes and implement new processes and strategies
- Provide assistance to local and international tax audits and controversy matters
- Review financial data for proper application of indirect tax laws and transfer pricing
- In-depth indirect tax (e.g. VAT/GST)strategies and compliance experience
- Demonstrable exposure to international tax; in a Big 4 public accounting firm, a major law firm, or in a multinational corporation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Professional qualification required (IATI)
- Profession qualifications preferred (e.g., ACCA, CPA)
- Accounting experience and proficiency with Netsuite and related data analytics skills is preferred
- International experience with indirect taxes required
- Self-driven, self-starter, goal-oriented, and someone who can work independently to identify process improvements and implement
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate
- Ability to research issues, document conclusions, and communicate findings
- Ability to work well with others, including as part of cross-functional teams and locations
- Must embrace technology; computer skills must be second nature
- Fintech or financial services experience is preferred
- Experience with OneSource, Avalara and Netsuite preferred
Some of the benefits include
- "Open leave" policy, subject to approval
- Health insurance
- Travel benefit
- Learning benefit
- 3000+ free online courses available
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify employer.