Business Intelligence Manager
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,700 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly’s Insights and Analytics team is hiring a Business Intelligence Manager who will be responsible for creating and maintaining the next generation BI solutions. You and your team will be analyzing existing initiatives and operations, deep-dive/root cause issues as they come up, develop new business metrics, identify and quantify opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with operations, product management and software development teams to consult, develop and implement KPI’s, automated reporting solutions and data infrastructure improvements to meet business needs
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly reports, dashboards, etc
- Write high quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL), and learn and understand a broad range of Remitly’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
- Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skill to extract meaningful insights
- Build and integrate models into data infrastructure to generate business recommendations
- Managing a team in Manila, Philippines including but not limited to hiring, training, and ensuring the the team is excelling in their functional responsibilities, is engaged and motivated, and is continuously learning
- Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business scenarios, can synthesize customer requirements in order to define analytical products, and is passionate about data and analytics
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent with proven experience in data analytics for 6+ Years.
- At least two (2) years experience as Team Manager/Lead
- Proficiency in at least one programming language used for data science such as Python, R, etc
- You are self-motivated, efficient, independent and possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- You are a phenomenal teammate with the ability to work across multiple offices and time zones in a very diverse setting.
- High English fluency; strong written and verbal communication skills