Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As a Mobile App Experience (APPX) developer, you will develop new features across the stack to support both our customers and Remitly developers. APPX supports tools like beta test apps and services like React Native and Metro that improve the quality and efficiency of dozens of other developers working on mobile apps. APPX is also always testing new experiences for our users like chatting with customer support in the app, requiring development in back-end services, the React Native UI layer, and integration with iOS and Android native SDKs.
Over the next few quarters, you will contribute to larger projects like a GraphQL migration or a client-side state management redesign.
- Lead ideation, technical design, and development of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Expand our multi-platform React Native + TypeScript codebase with new tools and abstractions to support test automation, service-driven UI, request caching, and more.
- Cultivate an easier and higher-quality mobile development experience for other teams at Remitly.
- Advocate for users and developers alike in a dynamic role.
- Report to the Mobile App Experience tech lead.
- Degree in computer science and 2+ years of software development experience or equivalent.
- Experience building native Android or iOS apps.
- Interest in TypeScript and React Native
- Experience working with product managers to solve customer problems.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer