Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly's Customer Transaction Accounting Program (CTAP) manages the products that account for every customer transaction, globally. As a Senior Product Manager on the Accounting Product team, you will design, drive, and deliver on the accounting technology that drives the future of Remitly's Financial Reporting and Month-End Close, helping Remitly grow and scale.
You will work with engineers and internal customers from across Accounting engineering, Treasury, Reconciliation, and other Finance and non-finance product functions. As the sole product manager in the domain, you will single-handedly be responsible for the roadmap and project execution across the entire team. You will report to the Principal PM for Finance Products.
- Identify and lead strategic initiatives to elevate accounting performance and future-proof products
- Develop a deep understanding of the operational needs of the accounting organization and provide technical solutions to support them.
- Stay closely involved in the month-end closing process and assist with questions and technical investigations.
- Establish a multi-year roadmap for the team, informed by your detailed understanding of the business, customers and internal stakeholders
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure the right balance between incremental delivery and long-term sustainability
- 7+ years of product management experience
- Experience in accounting, accounting operations, or building products for the accounting function
- Demonstrated ability to set product strategy and drive execution across multiple stakeholders
- Extensive experience working with data-heavy products
- Superior problem solving and ability to drive investigations in complex data-heavy areas
- A curiosity for understanding how technical systems work and can provide feedback on system design specs
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer