Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As an engineer on the Fraud team, you will develop new features across the stack to provide our customers with the ability to verify their identity and payment information. You will own the Fraud customer experience end to end and help us develop reusable components and platforms to build upon in the future. You will get to work with modern technologies like React Native, Metro, Go, and Kotlin. As a leader on the team, you will work autonomously with product managers and collaborate with other teams at Remitly, and external vendors, in order to ship incredible products to our customers. As an engineer on the fraud team, you will report to the Fraud engineering manager.
- Lead ideation, technical design, and development of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Work with React, Metro, Go, Kotlin
- Advocate for users and developer experience
- Play Codenames with the team
- Report to the Fraud engineering manager
- Degree in computer science and 2+ years of software development experience or equivalent.
- Experience building native Android or iOS apps.
- Interest in TypeScript and React Native
- Interest or experience working with product managers to solve customer problems.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer