Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The North America Product team strives to provide the best remittance service on the market, from a customer's first transfer to their 100th. We help Remitly's North American business reach more customers, reduce friction, and earn trust. We oversee many of Remitly's main customer-facing features, including the core send experience. Our full-stack work spans multiple platforms and products within Remitly's technical ecosystem.
As an engineer on the team, you'll use modern technologies to help us exceed our user's expectations and scale our tools to a rapidly expanding global audience. We are passionate about building software the right way and providing opportunities for professional growth. We value collaboration, continuous improvement, aiming for the stars, and being an owner in a joyful work environment.
- Solve technical challenges with a customer-centric mindset.
- Own, ship, and operate full-stack features and systems.
- Design and implement solutions for ambiguous and difficult problems involving multiple technologies and systems.
- Deliver well-tested, observable, documented, efficient, scalable, and resilient solutions.
- Participate in code review, mentoring, and ramping new hires.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts to achieve outstanding customer experiences.
- Report to the Engineering Manager of North American Product.
- Degree in computer science and 3+ years of software development experience or equivalent.
- Experience building web or native Android or iOS apps.
- Interest in growing your full-stack development skills,
- Strong computer science, web, and native app fundamentals, knowledge of design patterns.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer