Software Development Engineering Manager
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For over 11 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,100 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
To succeed in this role, you should enjoy being in a startup environment and working hands-on with engineers and product teams across the company. As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of engineers to ship high-quality software with a multi-quarter outlook. You’ll set a long-term vision, directing the team to make sound engineering decisions and appropriate tradeoffs between shipping code fast and making important technical investments for the future. As a senior member of our engineering staff, you reflect a growth and continuous improvement mindset. Most of all, you care about our customers and use engineering as an avenue to reliably produce customer impact.
We are actively looking for skilled leaders with this profile to fill open roles in multiple teams, tackling different parts of our core business application and platforms. We will be more than exiced to tell you everything about those roles, and find the best fit for your growth and skills. Our teams have different areas of focus, but our main goals, work-culture and approach to software engineering remains the same and span across our multinational engineering team.
- Manage a team of software engineers, focused on building scalable, resilient and high-quality systems following SDLC best practices
- Create a positive and rewarding environment for the team, providing appropriate growth opportunities
- Partner with product management, stakeholders and senior engineering management to develop a technical strategy aligned with the product, business and customer goals
- Establish and meet the hiring plan for the team, sourcing and interviewing a diverse set of candidates
- Be part of Remitly Engineering culture by adding customer value, partnering with and metoring others, creating and reviewing technical secifications, interviewing more excellent engineers as yourself and more
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience shipping high-quality products
- Proven experience managing a small diverse engineering team, including hiring, training and mentoring engineers
- Product-, user-, and growth-oriented mindset
- Understanding of software development live cycle, processes and Agile/Lean practices
- Familiarity with at least one of the backend technologies like Java, Kotlin, PHP, Go or Node.js
- Stock grant package (RSUs)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hybrid or fully remote work model
- Office in a Kraków city center (High5ive)
- Health/Dental coverage - LUX MED VIP
- Life Insurance
- Multisport or Sodexo lunch card
- Education budget
- Equipment of your choice
- Standing desks
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify employer.