Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $12 billion in annualised volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process.
For over 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,900 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We accomplish our vision and mission by relentlessly focusing on culture. We’ve created Remitly’s Cultural Values, which embody how an exemplary Remitly team member and the overall Remitly team works to deliver on promises to customers everyday. That starts with putting customers at the center of everything we do.
We are looking for a Sr. Program Manager to continue to develop and scale the Compliance program for Remitly’s New Initiatives. In this role, you will unblock the business while ensuring that regulatory and internal risk management requirements are met. You will achieve this goal by bringing a programmatic approach to meet consumer and commercial payments compliance, defining data-driven policies that balance superb customer experience with acceptable risk exposure, and implementing efficient and scalable processes that enforce them. Experience working for a FinTech or a rapid growth company is a plus. This role educates business leaders and their teams on the regulatory requirements for new businesses/products, designs risk products and processes to meet the new product requirements, and conducts periodic screening of partners, in accordance with our policies and business. For new products and features, you will advise the team how to quickly meet new requirements in the short-term, while enabling scalable solutions for the long-term. You will primarily partner internally with the Remitly for Developers business, product, and operations teams, Legal, and Global Compliance. You will also have external engagements with our commercial customers and payment processors. You will work directly with leadership and across teams to influence the decisions we make.
What You'll Do
- Manage the RFD Compliance Program; inclusive of AML/BSA and consumer regulatory requirements and customer requirements
- Oversee annual, monthly, and ad-hoc Compliance Processes, including periodic meetings with Business Customers
- Provide guidance to Operational support
- Develop right-sized controls to balance risk and customer experience
- Work collaboratively across teams to provide a Compliance perspective to develop products, features, systems and tools
Who You Are
- Experienced Compliance Professional
- 5+ years managing Compliance Programs for a fast-paced, high-growth organisation
- 3+ years of experience in commercial customer compliance including developing and monitoring partner compliance processes for alignment with regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of AML/BSA risk management frameworks in a financial services setting
- Experience creating functional and organisational processes to meet Compliance / Regulatory requirements that scale with growth
- Business Partner
- A hunger to build a better customer experience and unlock business value
- Enjoy partnering with others and managing stakeholders
- Balance risk & rewards, while meeting regulatory requirements
- Strong problem solving skills that sweat the details and aim for the stars
- Ability and comfort working in white-space to create compliance frameworks and solutions
- Root cause analysis strengthened by the use data to make recommendations
- Clear communicator with key stakeholders in meetings, in policy document, and process design
- Undergraduate degree
- ACAMs, CFE, or equivalent qualification
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language; Spanish language skills a plus
- Crypto compliance
- Experience working for a FinTech or a rapid growth company
- An extraordinary team with a manager who will invest in your career
- 33 days of vacation (including bank holidays)
- Group private medical insurance
- Group pension (6% contributed) + group income protection
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer