Infrastructure Security - Team Lead
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Infrastructure Security team works closely with our Krakow-based Infrastructure team in securing the systems that underly our family of products and services. You will report to the KRK Security Team manager, and work with the Director of Product Security based in North America. We organize our security program along the NIST CSF and we are increasing our investments in the security of our core systems: You will develop new methods to govern and secure our AWS, EKS, K8s, Istio production environment that supports x transactions a day. You will transcend legacy approaches and redefine best in class infrastructure!
- Lead a small team of engineers, providing both technical leadership and management guidance
- Create and evolve security tooling to secure our cloud infrastructure and development environments
- Encourage a culture of security and customer privacy in the Krakow office
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of engineering experience in a team environment
- 2+ years of experience in security or infrastructure teams
- Enjoy mentoring others on security and infrastructure topics
- Experience with cloud services like AWS
- Equity in the company - RSUs
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hybrid work arrangements with an Office in a Kraków City Centre (standing desks!)
- Health/Dental Coverage - LUX MED VIP
- Life Insurance
- Multisport or Sodexo Lunch Card
- Education / Conferences Budget
- Equipment of your choice
We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.