Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. We've helped our customers send nearly $4 billion globally and we're just getting started.
Dimension and Scope:
To plan and deliver effective new hire and on-going training to ensure superior workforce preparation that meet the business needs and other organizational learning needs of teams and individuals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration & Delivery:
- Ensure all training logistics or resources needed before, during and after training are prepared or returned properly exercising due diligence in their safekeeping and security.
- Comply with learner and facilitator guidelines or standards.
- Observe, co-lead, and lead new hire and on-going training.
- Utilize effective presentation and facilitation skills including creative training techniques and adult/accelerated learning techniques.
- Facilitate transition of learners from training to work environment, ensuring competency levels are sufficient.
- Adapt developed classroom agenda, timelines and content flow as necessary to deliver effective training to students.
- Monitor learner progress throughout duration of training, providing coaching and developmental feedback.
- Complete daily tracking, including end of day course evaluations and trainee assignments.
- Determine continuation of employment eligibility for learners through performance feedback process.
- Summarize course and trainer evaluations for management review.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities of trainees in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; this includes training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining trainees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Design & Development
- Participate in training design and delivery strategies development sessions as necessary.
- Maintain training systems, repositories & tools, updated course materials, and course masters.
- Participate or facilitate vendor meetings on material and curriculum updates to ensure appropriate changes are included in future classes
- Conduct a formal walk-through or train-the-trainer of training materials, training systems, repositories & tools as necessary.
- Keep updated on policies, processes, marketing and product development or issues.
- Participate in meetings or sessions tackling policies, processes, marketing and product development as necessary.
- Provide basic support for technical and systems training
- 2+ year experience as a Trainer in a BPO setting covering Customer service, Process-Product, and Language training.
- College graduate of education background
- Strong knowledge of adult learning methods
- Flexibility to work and learn independently to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong facilitator skills
- Schedule flexibility based on business needs
- Experience creating educational content
- Basic Knowledge of SCORM is a plus