Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Our Risk and Compliance teams are a cornerstone of our business and we are seeking an experienced Compliance Program Specialist to ensure we follow internal policies, local jurisdiction financial service laws and other applicable regulatory requirements.
As an online money transmitter, Remitly is growing while maintaining high customer service, performance and compliance standards. Remitly is a licensed financial services company in the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and Ireland. Each of these jurisdictions requires, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing program.
In this role you will be reporting to the Compliance Officer and Risk & Compliance Program Manager, support the implementation of the Compliance Monitoring Program, and help develop a Global Compliance Assurance Framework. The ideal applicant for this role will have previous work experience within the online payments/financial services industry and will be comfortable in an exciting and fast-paced start-up environment. A Customer-centric and open-minded approach to solving business problems will be a key attribute, in addition to thought leadership as well as a drive to help develop new ways of mitigating risk and optimising our current processes. This role will provide the candidate broad exposure to global regulatory requirements and understanding of industry best practices.
This exciting role is based in our new office in Cork, Ireland.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the execution and ongoing improvement of the compliance testing roadmap in line with the Compliance Monitoring Program.
- Help designing and implementing a Global Assurance Framework.
- Oversee Compliance monitoring and testing performed.
- Assess risk controls’ effectiveness and drive improvement to non-effective controls.
- Work with program and regional owners to address ineffective controls.
- Continuously assess the sufficiency and adequacy of Remitly’s testing program, and drive enhancements.
- Review existing procedures and processes tested, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work across teams as a source of information about relevant compliance procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Track completion of corrective actions arising from compliance testing.
- Oversee completion of all remediation, ensuring they are achieved in a timely manner and provide the adequate level of control.
- Assist with regulatory and risk mapping of all areas in scope for Compliance Testing.
- Educate relevant teams about the regulatory environment.
- Identify and assess the risks inherent to the regulatory requirements, and evaluate the residual risks and build the testing scope based on the inherent risks identified.
- Evaluate compliance systems and ensure adequate software is in place.
- Ad-hoc Projects and tasks such as assisting Compliance Officers with projects on an ad-hoc basis.
Skills, knowledge and experience required for this opportunity:
- Knowledge and experience commensurate with this role and having dealt with the regulatory environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge and expertise covering conduct of business matters, corporate governance matters and regulatory risk and regulatory change matters.
- Practical and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements to process efficiency.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a financial services business in a Fintech or e-commerce environment.
- Experience with online payments framework.
- Experience with and understanding of anti-money laundering regulations within the banking/financial services industry in the EU and UK.
- Understanding of audit techniques and best practices.
- Work with others to identify and resolve issues.
- Share information and keep team members and supervisors informed.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Some experience with detection and investigation.
- An extraordinary team with a manager who will invest in your career
- 33 days of vacation (including bank holidays)
- Group private medical insurance
- Group pension (6% contributed) + group income protection
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organisation and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honourably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer.