Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for an experienced leader to join Remitly's Finance Team as a Senior Manager, to lead our SEC reporting process and support our business enablement accounting team, focused on the roll out of new services. You will report to our VP of Business Enablement and Financial Reporting.
You have deep technical accounting and SEC reporting expertise, and are excited to solve complex accounting problems AND the opportunity to make a difference at a high-growth mission-focused Company.
- Lead our SEC reporting processes, including the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, and supporting quarterly communications to our disclosure committee, audit committee, board, and external auditors;
- Ensure operating effectiveness of controls over financial reporting to mitigate financial statement risks, including financial reporting systems and service organizations (Net Suite, Workiva).
- Identify and assess the appropriate accounting for new business initiatives, including items such as: new revenue streams, geographies, mergers & acquisitions, investments, and system enhancements.
- Develop a deep understanding of our operations, transactions, and contracts, partnering with business teams, such as: corporate development, legal, financial planning and analysis and treasury.
- Research and document complex technical accounting issues, including the preparation of accounting memos and policies.
- Support the accounting operations teams to ensure appropriate application of GAAP to our accounting processes.
- Monitor and support the implementation of new accounting standards and SEC regulation
- Deep technical accounting expertise, and enjoy analyzing complex accounting topics and partnering with business teams to make an impact.
- Excellent project management skills, including prioritization and responsiveness.
- Can remain agile to changing and growing business needs.
- The ability to communicate with impact and experience delivering executive-level communications.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance, or equivalent experience, and 8+ years of professional experience in an accounting or similar role.
- CPA required.
- Public accounting experience (5+ years) highly preferred.
- Minimum two years of managerial experience, or similar leadership experience.
- Interest in supporting the coaching and development of team members and peers.
- Public company experience in a similar role is a plus, but not required.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer