Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Head of Global Financial Crimes to enhance and grow our program and global team, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
You will lead our financial intelligence unit, and our team's overseeing compliance with global AML, economic sanctions, and anti-corruption laws and rules. You will drive and further building the overall financial crimes program, which includes developing and executing on an outstanding program to help grow the Remitly business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the company. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory understanding, a comprehensive grasp of the industry, process and systems design, data-driven approaches, and executive communication and presentation. You will engage with and influencing senior-level internal and external regulators.
To be successful, you'll need solid planning skills, advanced compliance expertise, and the ability to manage in a highly diversified, changing environment. You will also need deep experience with and knowledge of global anti-money laundering and financial crimes compliance laws and regulations.
- Drive the strategy for a global financial crimes team operating across dispersed US and International locations
- Provide oversight and management of outsourced operations within your function
- Lead the design of the transaction monitoring, investigation and suspicious activity reporting systems and framework making sure we maintain the highest standards for regulatory requirements while maintaining efficiency
- Analyze trends and patterns in alerts, dispositions, together with other Compliance functions, including Analytics, Machine Learning teams, and your Program Management team, to develop risk mitigation and detection
- Work with our technical teams to understand and design analytical methodologies and potential monitoring scenarios for risk mitigation
- Develop the team's policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal, legal and regulatory standards
- Work with leadership to challenge status quo to improve and grow the business
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to develop and meet KPIs, KRIs, goals and internal benchmarks using data to underlie assessments
- 10+ years managing relevant compliance-related experience with a focus in financial crimes
- 3+ years of experience managing or driving projects and/or teams handling complex global processes
- Knowledge of AML/BSA risk management frameworks in a financial services setting
- Experience creating functional and organizational processes to meet Compliance / Regulatory requirements that scale with growth
- Balance risk & rewards, while meeting regulatory requirements
- Clear communicator with key stakeholders in meetings, in policy document, and process design
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer