Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As the Director of Engineering for the Customer Success team at Remitly, you'll be a core part of the team that builds and maintains the technology to solve customer problems at scale; and as a consequence create peace of mind for our customers' and internal teams. If you believe support experiences can make or break your relationship with your customers, this is the role for you.
We're looking for an experienced technical leader, reporting to the VP of Technology, Customer Success, who can set the direction for this space and grow it over the coming years. You'll immediately lead several teams in maintaining our systems' while addressing core opportunities and pain points for our customers and our teams. You have a deep interest and experience leading engineering teams focused on customer-facing, internal facing and backend experiences. You understand the landscape of technologies available across the software development lifecycle, and have experience applying these in medium-to-large organizations.
You have a record of creating great customer and employee experiences in a high-growth organization. This role can be performed in-person in Seattle, remote from within the United States or in Ireland.
- Hire and manage Engineering Managers and Principal/Staff Engineers across global and diverse teams
- Set the direction and roadmap for your teams, and be accountable for quarterly and yearly results
- Partner with VP of Engineering, CTO, and other engineering leaders in evolving and delivering company-wide engineering goals
- Hold an extremely high bar for your team and other teams.
- 7+ years of technical leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple teams/domains, some global and remote
- Experience hiring Engineering Managers and Senior/Principal Engineers
- 5+ years working with microservice ecosystems and AWS
- Multiple years experience working with 3rd party support platforms (e.g. Salesforce)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer