Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Fraud team defends Remitly and its customers against evil and financial crime and bad actors. We dig deeply into user behavior to build models that detect fraudulent activity in real-time. We build customer-focused identity and payment verification systems that allow us to let the good folks through and keep the thieves/ghosts out.
As an engineering manager on the Fraud team, you will be focused on leading the team responsible for building our real-time fraud detection platform. You will collaborate with program managers, product managers, and the machine learning team to help deliver the engineering products necessary to identify and protect our systems against fraud attacks. You will manage and grow a team of engineers with an empathy-first mindset.
- Technical Leadership: You will lead, in varying capacities, the delivery of your team's feature commitments from planning, requirements gathering, architecture, implementation to rollout and experimentation. You will ensure your team delivers in a way that balances system quality, velocity and team health. You will be the custodian of the team's operational and engineering excellence roadmap and execution to ensure the team is making good technical trade-offs in the short- and long-term.
- People Management: You will invest in your team's growth and well-being. This will mean providing ongoing feedback, coaching and performance management to ensure continuous improvement at the individual and group level.
- Be a Cultural Leader: Be a role model for your team in upholding Remitly's cultural values and use them as a framework to coach engineers and other upcoming leaders across the company to achieve their full potential.
- Be an Exceptional Partner: Work closely with Product Management, Data Science, Machine Learning, Customer Support and Senior leadership to achieve the team's long-term mission.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of total experience building software
- 1+ years of experience leading and building engineering teams
- Experience in a diversity of aspects of engineering recruiting including strategy, sourcing, structuring loops, interviewing, and closing candidates
- Experience structuring and scaling Agile development processes
- Experience developing reliable and scalable apps or services on a public cloud platform (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience as an engineer in a typed language
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer