Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,800 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for an experienced copywriter for the International business to help tell our story. You are a versatile writer who will drive growth in our advertising, landing pages, product experience (UX), and CRM channels. The ability to balance emotional and informative writing will be essential.
This role is for an initial 6-month fixed term contract, reporting to the INTL Senior Manager, GTM. As part of the screening process, we'll offer you the opportunity to share your portfolio and also participate in a short writing task so we can evaluate your approach and writing style.
- Write compelling copy across the customer journey. You know the difference between writing for conversion vs engagement
- Write SEO content, understanding the importance of optimization, and keyword research and targeting.
- Partner with the Go-To-Market, Digital Marketing, Product, and Business Management teams to translate their briefs to high-quality copy
- Provide editing and proofing services to colleagues when needed
- Partner with central copywriting team (based in Seattle) to ensure copy is insight-driven and on brand
- Work with external partners when needed, providing constructive feedback.
- 5 years of experience in agency or in-house teams
- Experience in both technical and creative copywriting
- Consumer brand and UX copywriting experience a must; Fast-growing/eCommerce tech brands preferred
- Comfortable with operating autonomously and managing your workload
- Versatility to work simultaneously across functions and formats
- An instinct for balancing brand goals with performance goals
- An understanding of A/B testing
- A passion for people, communication, marketing, and storytelling
- A sensitivity and desire to understand multiple cultures and trends
- Time management and punctuality skills
- English language skills are a must, the ability to write in another language is an advantage.
- "Open leave" policy, subject to approval
- Health insurance
- Travel benefit
- Learning benefit
- 3000+ free online courses available