Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for an Engineering Manager to lead Remitly's Site Reliability Engineering team, reporting to our Director, Developer Platform Engineering. This new role will establish our Site Reliability program which will include developing repeatable reliability patterns and solutions (rate limiting, circuit breaking, traffic management,) Observability tooling and integrating these with our developer platform. With data being at the forefront of the program, we will use what we gather from site degradations, incidents and corrective actions to develop strategic solutions that are a force multiplier for reliability and availability improvement across Remitly.
- Hire and develop our global SRE team
- Develop long-term organizational and technical strategy, including incorporation of reliability principles into our SDLC
- Run SRE guild/chapter across Remitly
- Lead Observability strategy
- Provide tooling, dashboarding and alerting for SLI/SLOs, investigations and root cause analysis
- Establish and own SRE career ladder
- Plan and orchestrate game day and similar company-wide reliability exercises
- Drive measurable improvement in reliability across the company through collaboration with our worldwide engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience leading Site Reliability and/or Observability Engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud native applications and cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Software development experience in one or more of: Python, Java, Go, C++, Rust, etc.
- Deep understanding and passion for SRE concepts, patterns and tooling
- Familiarity with Observability tooling (Prometheus, CloudWatch, New Relic, Dynatrace, etc)
- Experience building and growing engineering teams
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Analytical and data-driven approach
- Ability to partner and with executives, managers and engineers
- Outside-in perspective to incorporate industry best practices into existing culture
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer