Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for an associate counsel, commercial lawyer with a background in e-commerce, commercial contracts, and experience in general business operations including HR, outsourcing and real estate. As Associate Corporate Counsel for our global business, you will work with and report to our VP of Legal and our dynamic legal team based in Seattle. You will also be part of a supportive, and close knit local business group, establishing a world-class legal function for a fast-growing financial services company.
- Transact commercial agreements – lead complex commercial contracts, typically on a cross border basis and ensuring that appropriate legal advice is taken into account before Remitly assumes obligations. You will also develop scalable contract templates used to commercialize the global business. You should also be comfortable working and engaging with external counsel across jurisdictions and have legal project management skills.
- Business operations – coordinate with the our teams on customer support and property matters ensuring ongoing compliance with local laws and Remitly policy requirements.
- Legal process and training - putting in place new, and scaling existing legal processes and training practices.
- Engage with the Global Legal & Compliance Team – working with the global legal and compliance functions to help assess and develop solutions in response to regulatory developments and novel legal issues. You will help promote a compliance culture throughout Remitly's global operations, consistent with Remitly's core values so that our business can scale – in the right way.
- Qualified licensed lawyer / attorney (either barred in Washington State, New York, California or Delaware) with at least two years post qualification experience, in an international law firm, and in-house with a financial services or technology multinational
- Experience with e-commerce legal requirements, including advice on property and technology agreements
- Highly creative and able to manage competing priorities
- Willingness to travel, if needed (observing government safety guidelines)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general comfort with learning new software skills
- Experience with payments / privacy regulation
- Worked in a company that has expanded internationally
- Working knowledge of the fintech industry
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer