At Remitly, our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to financial services. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We believe our vision, mission, cultural values and customer-centric people are strategic differentiators for our business. These are not just words; we work hard to embed this philosophy into every aspect of our work.
As the Operations Manager for Risk at Remitly's Cork site, your task will be to help transform the traditional global remittance industry, specifically through building, developing, managing and leading world-class risk investigations teams. This includes planning and executing the ongoing investigative support needed to meet service level agreements (SLA), quality and productivity targets; ensuring effective recruiting, succession planning, people development, and performance management; communicating and executing the operational direction of the site’s risk teams in support of company goals and initiatives; driving operational continuous improvement efforts leveraging teams and resources across the company; and providing program management as it relates to the operational support of current and future products, services and markets.
We are looking for exceptional people who are willing to roll up their sleeves in a fast paced technology start-up and be part of the disruption. The successful candidate must excel as a self-starter and work well with cross-functional teams. The Operations Manager will report directly to Remitly's Site Leader in Cork, Ireland.
As an Operations Manager you will:
- Model and promote the Remitly core values at all levels of the operations
- Drive success against key performance indicators (KPIs) for areas of responsibility
- Manage performance of multiple teams and direct reports which may include managers
- Develop and execute succession planning, recruiting, retention and career development strategies directly and in conjunction with peers, Human Resources and Recruiting
- Collaborate with Global Real Time Analysts adequate investigative capacity for all products, services and markets served on an ongoing basis
- Create and collaborate operational global objectives (OKRs) to ensure ongoing performance, process or tool improvements and scalability
- Proactively identify operational risks or issues and work closely with internal and external partners and stakeholders for solutions
- Identify and facilitate the creation of new metrics, KPIs, reporting and monitoring to drive operational excellence
- At least 5 years of experience managing operations teams in a fast paced technology environment
- Demonstrated success working under pressure of deadline with competing priorities
- Experience working with a 24/7 environment and a willingness to adjust schedules to accommodate emerging business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
- Knowledge of the financial services or payments industry
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience working within financial industry and Contact Centers
- Second language is a plus, such as Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Chinese
- At least 5 years of experience managing multiple teams
- 33 days of vacation (including bank holidays)
- Group private medical insurance
- Group pension (6% contributed) + group income protection
- Continuing education
- 3000+ free online courses available
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer