Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
We're searching for a Sr Analyst, Internal Controls to join Remitly's Finance team, reporting to our Internal Controls Senior Accounting Manager. You are a self-motivated individual with a bias for action who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-paced and dynamically growing Company.
Serve in a 2nd line of defense function to assist control and process owners with the following activities and conduct ongoing training to strengthen skills in these areas:
- Craft control procedures to ensure strong and repeatable controls.
- Create/update SOX ready documentation including narratives and flow charts.
- Design and identify controls over financial reporting that mitigate the risks identified in coordination the Internal Audit team.
- Help evaluate third-party service providers and SOC reports.
- Review and design appropriate internal controls for completeness and accuracy of reports and IPE.
- Review, assess, and evaluate reported control deficiencies, root causes, and planned corrective actions together with business process owners.
- Validate that application controls continue to be configured as expected.
- Monitor for emerging risks and help project manage control design for new products, processes, system implementation, or new areas identified by the Internal Audit risk assessment, and ensure appropriate internal controls are in place before launch.
- Work with internal auditors to coordinate internal control testing.
- Help provide the PBCs required for the external financial statement audits including those for substantive purposes.
- Help with completing IPE checklists and adoption.
- Develop management's key report and ITAC baselining model together with management and Internal Audit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of experience in the accounting or auditing field.
- Knowledge of internal control frameworks and standards, such as, COSO and SOX.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP is strongly preferred.
- High level of English proficiency is required
- Ability to build solid relationships global cross-functional teams, and external consultants
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer