Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Product Security team works with our Seattle-based Product team in securing the family of products and services our customers directly work with. You will report to the Director of Product Security based in North America. We organize our security program along the NIST CSF and we are increasing our investments in the security of our core systems: You will develop new methods to govern and secure our Application Stack, and act as a subject matter expert for at least one of our Product offering. You will transcend legacy approaches and redefine best in class Application Security!
- Tag alongside the Product Architects to review their design for new products & features
- Support internal security assessments, risk modeling, and code reviews by training Security Owners (developers on teams outside security)
- Create and evolve security tooling to scale security for our products (SAST/DAST)
- Help guide security policy and culture through the company
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of engineering experience in a team environment
- 2+ years of experience in Application Security.
- Enjoy mentoring others on security and infrastructure topics
- Experience with cloud services like AWS
- Equity in the company - RSUs for eligible employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Hybrid work arrangements with an Office in Seattle, WA.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Life Insurance
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer